Getting Back Into The Swing

2:00 pm

After setting up Farmer in Heels at the start of University nearly 4 years ago, I never believed that I would still be posting and developing. For me, writing a blog was the last thing I wanted to do. There are so many great ones out there already and finding some sort of niche is always hard to do.
Having hit the crossroad and rarely posting I decided on a new route at the beginning of 2017. I started writing about things that excited me: Innovative Marketing, Fashion, Sport and other Social Culture.

Yes, I am the girl who reads Daily Mail Showbiz and watches Made in Chelsea. But I can often be found watching Sport and I love planning my next trip away, no matter how big or small. This is what makes me me and therefore I felt this is what Farmer in Heels should be - A mixture of all my likes and dislikes. For me it's not about how many followers I get or post reads I receive, it's my virtual world. 
Now I feel my virtual world can become a bit more personal. My posts are often not very opinionated and I rarely talk about what is going on in my life. But after taking a short break through April, I feel that this should be different. So here is a bit about me and my life, I hope it helps.

Sometimes everything can just fall into place. 

I believe that we are all on a conveyor belt and currently I feel I am the one who is close to falling off. You go through the motions of growing up: heading to school, first jobs, learning to drive and then for me heading off to Uni. That is when it all changes though. There is no one telling you exactly what is next on the list and there are no obvious answers. But what I have learnt is that it's not just about having some luck or about that saying 'it's about who you know, not what you know'. Yes, having some luck and maybe knowing some great contacts might help, but it's about being confident and putting yourself out there. If everything just falls into your lap, then where is the passion going to come from to go out there and get what you want.

Growing up I was bubbly, confident and always smiling, and as many of us do, this slowly diminished and confidence was something I struggled with. I used to love walking into a room with no cares in the world, but it soon became one of my worst nightmares. I hated turning up to events unless I knew a friend was already there and became so much more wary of what people thought about me. However with finding the passion for what I want to do, this is something I have personally tackled. You can't turn into a sweating red mess when you are meeting potential employees or presenting, and through practice I have gone from a quivering hide behind your notes kind of girl to putting on the front that I'm not nervous at all, to just about enjoying the experience. I think in this digital age I will always be paranoid about what people are saying and there are still days when I read something from seven years ago on my Timehop and think, how did I not care back then? and I wish I could be more like that. But along with learning my passion, I've also learnt that that young girl who had thick skin will always be with me, but it's also okay to open up and admit to being stuck at a crossroads not quite sure where to turn. All of us go through it at some point in our lives and these are the sort of times that make us stronger.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe