1:19 pm

"I'm a fashion person, and fashion is not only about clothes- it's about all kinds of change." Karl Lagerfeld

In todays lectures and seminars we focused on the visual critic and the tone of voice that articles portray in different magazines. The lecture was difficult to follow and seemed to skip from different sections to another, however the information we were given about our fashion reading diet was really helpful and interesting. We learnt that there were two sections of reading we could be doing, one reading the typical fashion related magazines that don't focus as much on the industry but more on the lifestyle and the celebrities, and the other focusing more on Fashion, its importance and its influence. Reading from both sections would be helpful in understanding the tone of voice and how it differs between not only each magazine but the contrast between each sections.
Vogue magazine-Persuassive tone of voice

Drapers- Heavily informational, directed at the business aspect of fashion, can be critical and negative.

Cosmopolitan- High street gossip, conversational tone of voice, simplistic.

LOOK- Conversational, over dramatising, gossip. 

Seminar

I really enjoyed todays seminar which I was surprised about as I'm not confident in my writing, but I thought that the task of free writing helped me and has given me a better interest into fashion journalism than I did before.
 


My free writing tasks :/, 
they are so messy and make no sense most the time, but it was a good exercise to write constantly about a particular topic. It also shows your true tone of voice as you don't think as much about what you are writing about. I think, within my writing, that I have quite a problem solving, conversational tone of voice as well as asking rhetorical questions inviting readers to have there own opinion as well as reading mine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe