3:26 pm

The Then! The Now! The Other!

We started another brief today based around Visual Research. Our brief was to create a mood-board with multi-media around "My Favourite Brand/Designer. Before the activity started we were given a couple of days to research and find information and imagery for a particular brand or designer. I choose to complete my activity on Jack Wills as I have a large collection of their look-books dating back 2/3 years and also because they have a distinctive style and colour palette which is well known to not just their target market.
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to portray the story and mood of the brand on my mood board, but I used the tips from the lecture in the morning, such as: there is no need to cover every part of the page; vary the scale of images and consider the visual contrast. 
My first Jack Wills mood-board
On the first board I focused on a story of the brand and how they are driven by teenage/university students and how they portray this in their images and then the products. Their images are usually vibrant and a bit out there and this then comes across in their products in which they mix colour palettes and use bright bold colours especially within the spring/summer season. I also including the constant colour themes throughout the seasons, navy and pink stripes and the inclusion of the union flag to show their importance in British fashion.
I then decided to create another bored, but use different types of images that portray a different story but still relate to the brand. 
Creating mood-board 2

Jack Wills mood-board 2
For the second mood board I choose to present the tailored side of Jack Wills. These images were discovered in Autumn/Winter look-books which shows the difference between imagery in the brand between seasons. Autumn/Winter uses darker subdued colours rather than the brights in Spring/Summer. 
I enjoyed completing this brief as it allows you to be a bit more creative and made me understand how a mood-board is not just pictures from a brand or a designer but is a story showing two-way communication between the message and the audience.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe