When in Doubt, Travel

5:00 pm

My next stop on my trip will be Chicago, and therefore the next in my, When in Doubt, Travel, series.
Chicago has never been a place I have specifically wanted to visit, but as part of holiday plans we all get to put forward ideas and Chicago seemed like a good fit for us all. Now I can't wait to be strolling down Navy Pier and visiting quirky restaurants, oh and of course eating lots of proper pizza.

Take a look at what I can't wait to see in a couple of weeks.

Millennium Park
I think this is the most iconic part of Chicago. But it's not just the Bean that draws people to this large open space in the city. There's the Crown Fountain, The Great Lawn and so much more to explore. 

Navy Pier
Navy Pier is a 3,300-foot-long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. This however is no ordinary Pier. This incredible space has a Beer Garden, Ferris Wheel and the amazing Margaritaville at Navy Pier Chicago restaurant. A restaurant with a cocktail in the name, I am there.

Willis Tower Sky Deck
The iconic building is the tallest in the Western Hemisphere, encompassing more than 4.5 million square feet, including its Skydeck and 103rd floor glass viewing platform where you can see up to 4 states. Sitting at home I'm thinking this is going to be amazing, but as I'm getting older a fear of heights seems to be developing. So sitting down on a thin piece of glass, I doubt I will be doing that.

Oak Street Beach
A city beach is becoming a trend of places I can't wait to visit. I never even knew that so many states had beaches. A perfect urban beach with a great walkway and a spectacular view of the Chicago Skyline.

The Flamingo Rum Club 
Swanky, colorful spot with Cuban eats & a rum bar, plus live entertainment & cabaret seating. Don't forget this amazing mural painted outside which will be the perfect Instagram snap.

The Hampton Social
Another amazing little restaurant I can't wait to visit is, The Hampton Social. A breezy hangout serving seafood & beach-themed cocktails in stylish, nautical surroundings. But it gets better. They have an amazing Summer Happy Hour every day, 1/2 off Pizza and Rose from 3-6pm. I know exactly where I will be.


I can't wait to visit Chicago and experience what looks like will be an amazing State. If you have any tips let me know in the comments.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe