London Calling

6:00 pm

Today marks the start of my third week of officially working and living in London. I have loved every second so far and I don't think that will be changing anytime soon.

I have got myself a lovely little room in North London which is super connected, with a tube station only 5 minutes away meaning I can be in central London in around half an hour - perfect. There's just so much to do all the time. Just a couple of weeks in and I have been to multiple after work drinks and in work drinks to be fair, and it's so much easier arranging to meet up with friends. You can be jumping in a ball pit one week, going to a show the next or just having a cosy night in. 

When I first left University last year I was definitely scared about moving to the big city and I think I made the right decision to stay at home and get some starter experience and save some money. But I'm so happy now I've made the scary leap. I think I have landed quite well so far and I've been pretty lucky at times, but hey I've worked hard and it's not always been easy. 
My advice to anyone thinking that it won't work out, just try and stay as positive as possible about it. I was offered my role and I was super happy as I had been to so many "chats" at agencies and nothing concrete had come from it, but then I had to find somewhere to live which was a whole other struggle. But it does all come back round. Throwing myself out there and visiting all these agencies has given me some invaluable experience and contacts which are so important. 

So keep checking back for updates on my London adventure and what I get up-to along with the amazing Brand Experience, Marketing and Get The Look posts. 

Erin x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe